Watch this short video for an introduction to AsiaBridge Law’s fee structure.
How are legal fees kept low?
- Quotes from AsiaBridge Law are not based on the perceived depth of our client’s pockets. The fixed pricing structure applies to all clients regardless of industry, size, sex or nationality.
- AsiaBridge Law leverages scale to offer clients a lower rate than if the client was invoiced direct from the local lawyers, while providing a superior customer service experience.
- AsiaBridge Law is a Hong Kong registered company benefiting from HK’s tax exempt status when providing services to clients outside of HK. As such, for tax reasons, AsiaBridge Law is unable to provide services to HK based entities and individuals. In special cases, for large projects with HK clients, arrangements can be made for services to be provided by our PRC based partners rather than via AsiaBridge Law.
- AsiaBridge Law and the lawyers in our network don’t have fancy offices or excessive lifestyles. We do not even have a formal office or boardroom! Lawyers in the network are spread across Asia and the paralegals & support staff work from our administration centers or remotely. As such, conference calls, rather than face-to-face meetings are the norm. In-person meetings are subject to availability and may be arranged with advanced notice, however, the client will be responsible for time and travel costs associated with getting the lawyers/paralegals to the client’s desired meeting point.
How are legal projects managed?
AsiaBridge Law compliments local lawyers with international project management. Our paralegals are bilingual Chinese or Americans/Europeans based in our China HQ. They coordinate local lawyers on behalf of the client and provide account management in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian and other major languages.
Account Manager (AM)/ Paralegal
- Responsible for overall project performance.
- Client’s primary point of contact. Communications between the client and AM take place in English or other languages upon request.
- Coordinated the efforts of the local attorneys and other support staff.
Primary Legal Counsel (PLC)/ Local Lawyers
- Structures the project gates and performs the “heavy lifting” on the project.
- While communications among the Client, PLC and AM are managed by the AM, the identities of all parties will be made transparent for the client. Legal opinion is provided by the PLC. Neither ABL nor its officers, employees or sales associates provide legal representation or legal advice directly to the client.
Challenge: Asian lawyers fluent in European languages are few and far between. Bilingual lawyers charge a premium, yet a command of a foreign language is not an indication of a local lawyer’s legal skills. Sadly, most local lawyers are not trained in the Western concepts of customer service and project management.
Solution: Rather than focus on language skills, lawyers in our network are selected for the right mix of professionalism, honesty and affordability. The language & project management barriers are overcome through the use of translators and locally-based paralegals who coordinate the lawyers on behalf of the AsiaBridge Law clients while providing account management in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian and other major languages (as available at any given time).
Expectations: While the solution above provides affordable legal solutions in the language of the client, it is important to note that due to language and time zone issues, the system typically requires 24 to 48 hours for the client- paralegal- lawyer-paralegal-client communication cycle.
The vast majority of projects can be completed on schedule without the need for daily communications between ABL and Client. Shorter communication cycles can be arranged, but expedite or OT fees would be applicable. ABL clients place professionalism and affordability over speed.
Rate Sheet / Contact Us
Fill in this short form and receive access to the rate sheet via e-mail.